What's new

Amazon Prime Hallelujah! Hallelujah Trail is restored! (1 Viewer)

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Ah - the joys of streaming vs. physical media. It appears this title has gone missing from Amazon Prime. The only version now available is the one in standard definition. (I thought I had purchased this and was planning to watch it this evening. It appears I was wrong and won't be watching it after all.)
That new master was never available for purchase, in any format. If it had been, I would have snatched it up.

Dennis Gallagher

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dennis T. Gallagher
That new master was never available for purchase, in any format. If it had been, I would have snatched it up.
Apologies for mis-speaking in my initial comment. The physical media's obviously unworthy in this case; sad that the much higher quality streaming version has proved ephemeral as I would have enjoyed watching it. Hopefully it - or a better version - will turn up again someday.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
I know this reply shouldn't really be here, but I dunno (feel free to move & edit it). Anyway, it's been reported that a UHD (plus Blu-ray) Media Book edition will be released in Germany next year (no date yet), I don't think the specs are right, as the English track wouldn't be mono.

Last edited:

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
I saw this at the Warner Cinerama. I remember enjoying it, but thinking it was too long and not very interesting. However, I remember really liking the music score and the photography was outstanding (as I recall; long time ago). It's present condition is really sad.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Is this the Warner Cinerama in Hollywood? Being a New Yorker I always think of the Warner Cinerama being the old Times Square Strand. In New York it opened at Loew's Capitol for I don't think a very long run though the summer of '65 was maybe the best time ever for 70mm roadshows in Times Square.

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
Warner Cinerama on Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood.
As in the advertisement in Post 47.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
Thought so. That was a golden summer in NY with what was in the Times Square movie houses, the now legendary Broadway shows and that tremendous World's Fair.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I know this reply shouldn't really be here, but I dunno (feel free to move & edit it). Anyway, it's been reported that a UHD (plus Blu-ray) Media Book edition will be released in Germany next year (no date yet), I don't think the specs are right, as the English track wouldn't be mono.

I would buy the German version if it is 165 minutes as listed.

Laser disc. $3.96 on eBay

1640299728763.png

1640299860083.png

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I contacted a seller of the laser disc on eBay and he checked the running time. Even though the cover says 165 minutes the actual running time is:

Side A = 56.47
Side B = 54.06
Side C = 47.36

158:29

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
No discussion of the KL release for Dec 13? What is the 2k scan from? Shouldn't this be a 4k scan from the restored negative? Will the entire soundtrack be in stereo rather than just the film itself? Not enough info.
At least he cover is good.

roxy1927

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
vincent parisi
What ratio will the film be in if it is taken from 35mm inter-positive? Will the sides be cut off? Instead of Ultra Panavision it will be Panavision? Going from 2:75 to 2:35? That a lot of image. And will KL give us all the extra music in mono like they did with Millie which to this day is inexplicable because that music was meant for Roadshow stereo exhibition?

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
What ratio will the film be in if it is taken from 35mm inter-positive? Will the sides be cut off? Instead of Ultra Panavision it will be Panavision? Going from 2:75 to 2:35? That a lot of image. And will KL give us all the extra music in mono like they did with Millie which to this day is inexplicable because that music was meant for Roadshow stereo exhibition?
Why are we asking these questions in this thread when they should be asked in those other two threads?

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
The laser disc was not 165 minutes I don't think that version exists anymore.
I have had discussions with laserdisc enthusiasts on another site, more than one of whom declared there were two versions released with the same gatefold album, one of which was the intact roadshow version at 2.76:1, the other the 35mm general release cut version. I’ve bought three extra copies for minimal prices, but have yet to find one of the desired longer versions. So that a full length version may have ever been released I’ve not been able to confirm. The purported German 4K announcement detail once again shows a 165 minute running time, and obviously if they’ve found that version lots of folks will be all over it, 4K being region free, after all. But I’m going to be skeptical about that running time until this version appears, and whether there’s a discernible uptick in video presentation in 4K. If so, maybe I’ll octuple dip after getting Kino’s version in December. (I have the Olive release unopened and unwatched after I read the reviews regarding its problematic quality issues).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks