Halifax ISF tech

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marc B, Jul 13, 2001.

1. Marc B

Marc B Auditioning

I am thinking of getting my Toshiba 40H80 ISF calibrated. As far as I know there is only one ISF tech in my area and that is Chris Sweet of Peak Audio. He will charge $400. Has anyone had experience with him?

2. JasonRH

JasonRH Second Unit

I didn't know there was anyone in all of N.S. that did professional calibrations [​IMG]. I'm in Yarmouth so there's no surprise about there being no one where i live. I don't know what the normal charge is but $400 sounds pretty steep. Are you unhappy with the picture on your set or do you just want it optimized to see how much better it could be? If you don't have a home theater calibration disc like Avia then you may want to go that route to touch up your picture yourself - it makes a considerable difference in picture quality. Good luck.

3. Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen Video Standards Instructor, THX Ltd.
    Insider

Gregg Loewen
    Hi guys!
    Im up in Nova Scotia very often (my inlaws live in Truro). When there I always make a trip to Halifax. Anyways,
    I just got my calibration equipment (Sencor color analyzer and laptop). Michael TLV is letting me go with him on his next tour to help hone my skills, and I will be taking the ISF class this fall (not that I think that being ISF certified means that much - Id rather have a competent tech than just any ISF certified tech). Id be more than happy to give your set a calibration. I own a Tosh 65H80 so I am very familar with the Tosh 40H80 too.
    $400 Canadian is the standard rate for a "basic" calibration, and would not include any extras. Im asking for gas money, beer and pizza. Let me know if this interests you.
    Email [email protected]
    Gregg
    ------------------
    The Sonodome
    The Newest Sonotube
    Gregg's DVDs
    The Family Units

4. Marc B

Marc B Auditioning

Greg,
    That sounds great! The prestige of having an HTF admin and associate of Michael TLV calibrate my set is more that I could have hoped for in Halifax [​IMG] I have some friends that may be interested as well. I'll be in touch via email.
    Thanks

5. Miles

Miles Second Unit

Gregg,
    You'd better be careful, you may develop a large following of Bluenosers [​IMG]
    I'll be getting a set soon too... there's only one road out...
    Later,
    Miles