What's new

Half Life 2 delayed....or is it? (1 Viewer)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
I flipped a coin and the result told me the game won't be delayed.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
You won't believe this, but Microsoft paid them $$$ for a 2-month window of exclusivity for the XBox. The PC version will come out Thanksgiving weekend.

And you really shouldn't believe it, because I just made it up.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
My magic 8-ball said "better not tell you now"

I personally hope it does get delayed, that'll push back my PC buying and let me save some more. Because you know as soon as I see it on the shelf I'll have to dish out the cash for a new pc and it will be all Valve's fault.

David Glenn

Second Unit
You won't believe this, but Microsoft paid them $$$ for a 2-month window of exclusivity for the XBox. The PC version will come out Thanksgiving weekend.

And you really shouldn't believe it, because I just made it up.
There were rumors that it might hit the xbox 1st as they were supposedly developing for the PC and xbox at the same time. Who knows? I assume it would be easier to code/test for the xbox as opposed to the glut of possible PC setup/spec. scenarios.

Peter O

Stunt Coordinator
I assume it would be easier to code/test for the xbox as opposed to the glut of possible PC setup/spec. scenarios.
Just tell that to Bioware! For years companies have used the PC platform as an excuse for shipping buggy games, but there are lots of bugs in KOTOR including one *game stopping* bug. Fortunately I found out about it before I got to that point and was able to avoid it.

Half-Life 2 arrives exactly two months from today!

Even though my PC isn't top notch anymore, I will probably get HL2 for it. The amount of mods that will come out will make up for not being able to run it at full detail.

Darren Haycock

Second Unit
I personally hope it does get delayed, that'll push back my PC buying and let me save some more. Because you know as soon as I see it on the shelf I'll have to dish out the cash for a new pc and it will be all Valve's fault.
I hear ya man! I'm in the same boat...:D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Any chance this has something to do with Universal being on the block? Does the games division belong to Universal? Maybe Vivendi is using HL2 to sweeten the deal for potential buyers.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
A Vivendi Universal PR Director debunked the rumor today. Check out the link at Blue's News, as I'm too lazy to grab it for you. :D

Meanwhile, Steam appears to be downloading a sixth video right now. Probably the Barney one. I'm dying to see the dune buggy one in high-res, myself.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
BTW, the video that was made available tonight is called Bugbait--it's the one with the antlions. Hopefully, it'll be activated tomorrow at 4pm Pacific, as has become the norm. They had a few hitches at first, but the last video and now this one have come out like clockwork. Hopefully that means next week we'll see the remaining vids come out every other day.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Rob, there is a whole thread dedicated to this issue... called something like "the worst thing to happen in the history of video game development" or something similar.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Apparently, someone hacked into their system and stole almost everything that was necessary to make the game on their own - source code, maps, textures, etc.

I'm not surprised that they'd push the release back in order to make changes to the game.

And let's face it -- would your rather have a game come out sooner than it should and be a complete mess (aka. Ultima: Ascension)? I'd rather give them the time that they need to make it a great game and work out any bugs that they have in order to make the release the best that it can be. After all, this is Half-Life 2, not Daikatana. :D

Unreal
That game came out quite some time ago. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks