half hour of deleted scenes for new Austin Powers Goldmember DVD to appear

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by oscar_merkx, Jul 25, 2002.

1. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

the movie has only premiered today and already talking about the eventual dvd
    from http://www.darkhorizons.com/news.htm
    Austin Powers in Goldmember: During an interview with NBC Today, Michael Caine indicated "at least half an hour of stuff left on the cutting room floor" including a joke reference to his film classic "Alfie", however those scenes will be back in time for the eventual DVD release. Would he take part in a fourth Austin adventure? "I don't think there will be another one actually, but if there is I'd be mighty dissapointed if they didn't ask me to come back as Dad". Meanwhile this film has landed the 'George W' seal of approcal according to The Drudge Report, now there's a tough film critic. Thanks to Moviehole.
    sounds great
    [​IMG]

2. Terrell

Terrell Producer

Good grief! At this rate, 5 years from now DVDs will be released a month after the movie opens.

3. Richard cash

Richard cash Stunt Coordinator

i heard that they cut all of the scenes with liz hurley in them because she wasn't funny enough

4. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Screenwriter

5. oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx Lead Actor

thanks for the link Randy.
    I am not really sure I could stomach another 40 minutes of Austin Humor[​IMG]

6. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Screenwriter

7. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I haven't seen the film yet, but I'm already planning on putting this one next to my other 2.

8. Bingo

Bingo Stunt Coordinator

Make sure you stay to watch the credits on this one. I think we get a glimpse of a couple of the scenes that will make it on the dvd.

9. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

10. Han

Han Second Unit

I saw the film over the weekend. The "bang you over the head with a thousand jokes in hopes that 500 of them work" really mostly works in this movie. I was laughing so hard that tears were coming out during the subtitles gag in Mr. Roboto's office!

I seemed to be the only person in the packed theater to laugh at the Goldmember schtick when he kept saying, "I'm Dutch, that's my thing, isn't it weird?!?" It's one of those SNL-like things that's not all that funny, but later on, you and your friends keep repeating it and thinking it's funny.

11. Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux Screenwriter

Jonathan Perregaux

12. Doug Schiller

Doug Schiller Supporting Actor

Well, at least there are 40 minutes (should be more).

One thing from the end credits that I didn't understand (because they were outtakes I guess)... Spoiler...

They show Number 2 in drag with somone else.
    Rob Lowe is in the credits but I don't recall seeing him, unless he did the voiceThey show Number 2 in drag with somone else.

13. Jason Harbaugh

Jason Harbaugh Cinematographer

They show Number 2 in drag with somone else.
    Rob Lowe is in the credits but I don't recall seeing him, unless he did the voiceThey show Number 2 in drag with somone else.

Answer:
    This was based on a deleted scene in The Spy Who Shagged Me. #2 from the present and #2 from the past were in bed together. The line was "Technically it isn't cheating" which ended up being Austin's line in the final credits. Shame it got cut because Rob Lowe did such a good job immitating Robert Wagner.

Can't wait for this DVD.