What's new

Half.com not closing its doors (1 Viewer)

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland

You know, I'm really happy about this, since I hate selling on ebay, even though it's cheaper. I'm glad they finally came to their senses.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Nice to hear.

Not if it doesn't sell by X amount of time, then I'm out the listing fee. I much prefer Half for selling stuff because you can just leave things up there indefinitly.

E-Bay is fine for other non-comodity type stuff, but Half's format is better for books, music, and DVDs.

Jason

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
This is really good news. I'm not much of an ebay seller. I would rather just put something up on Half.com and let it sit and adjust the price accordonly.

Granted it may take a little longer to sell something on Half, but I believe I can get a little bit more money from a customer there, then bringing my CD's to CD warehouse and have them give me $10 for 10 CD's where as I can get at least $5 a disc on Half.

Paul

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
That is good news. I've sold thousands of dollars worth of stuff using Half.com and their push to make me switch to eBay was instead driving me to sell via Amazon. For many lower priced items it just makes more sense to set the price and wait for a buyer rather than go the auction route. I use eBay as well but I much prefer set price selling.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Michael,

I think it was the expansion of the Amazon.com service and similar services at Barnes and Noble that made them sit up and realize that they were shutting down a viable and established marketplace, thus a major source of revenue for the company.

I do agree that setting up and leaving items on Half.com is just SO convenient.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Hey, I'm out on Half.com tonight (havent been there in a little while) and there is nothing up there except the ebay listings. Is there something wrong with their site or did they decide to go to ebay only selling after all?

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Yep, anyone who was there at I think 8:30 or 9ish central time last night? Basically the headings for new/like new/good/etc were all there but no items were listed. At the bottom, all the eBay items were listed. Its working now.

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Wow, this is good news. While I've bought a lot off eBay in the last year, I vastly prefer finding something and knowing what the price will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks