What's new

HALF A SIXPENCE - does anyone have this yet. (1 Viewer)

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone have the new release of the musical Half a Sixpence from Paramount. Does it include the intermisison break. If not, does it include the full music leading up to the intermission?

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Hi Joe,
I just got my copy. Well it was worth it. The stereo tracks are on. Too bad Paramount did not spring for 5.1. Was there ever an overture?

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
the film never had a prescreen Overture.
Paramount does not have anything to do a 5.1. When the stereo track was found in 1992 (from a bunch of tracks mismarked mono) it was sent to chace productions for evaluation. It was falling apart and had one play left in it. A two channel dolby surround mixdown was done. Because of Dolby bleed through this film should have a nice surround feel. the origianl was a three track original with no surrounds. I will pick mine up tomorrow. I can't wait.

TedD

Supporting Actor
I just finished watching this DVD, and I have to caution anyone who has a aversion to audio distortion.

It's a real dirty audio track with extremely high distortion levels, very fatiguing to listen to at any reasonable level.

The image is good. Good detail and color, but there are lots of soft scenes (intentional).

Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks