What's new

Hal Hartley Fiilms on DVD - any more coming soon? (1 Viewer)

I'm a big Hal Hartley fan and am disappointed by the abscence of many of his films on DVD. Anchory Bay did a nice job on his first film 'The Unbeliveable Truth' - anamorphic transfer, trailer, odd little interview segment. Fox Lorber put out his 'Book of Life' featurette as part of the '2000 seen by' series. But that's it. I know 'Monster' is finally being realased in theaters in March and should be later relased on DVD by MGM, but what about the rest of his work? Does anyone know of any plans to realase any other HH films? :

Trust

Simple Men

Surviving Desire (a featurette and a couple of shorts)

Amateur

Flirt

Henry Fool

Anyone have info, or simply just feel my pain?

-Peter

Unfortunately I don't have any info, but, I do feel your pain, Peter. :frowning:
I have those two DVD's you mentioned and I have Trust, Simple Men and Amateur on Laserdisc, Flirt and Henry Fool on (gasp!) VHS. My friend has yet to return my copy of Surviving Desire :angry:.
It would certainly be nice to own the DVD's of those films.
Looking forward to Monster!

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
"TRUTH" is an amazing disc, and I look forward to TRUST also...Adrianne Shelley is nothing short of amazing...:)
"....Oh, and Senator.....love the suit..."

Angsty

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
Mmm, yes please, add my vote for Hal Hartley movies on DVD. TRUST is my all-time favourite movie :)
Angela

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks