What's new

Pre-Order Hair (1979) (Olive Signature) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
61dKlJ-fGPL._SX522_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just paid $4.99 for it on iTunes.

It won't be the same transfer of course, but I would be interested in hearing how it looks after you watch it as for $4.99 I am somewhat interested.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I'd be very interested in having this in my collection at some point. However, that $27.99 price point is going to need to go down some before I would be willing to pull the trigger.

I am not familiar with Olive Signature editions. Is there a reason they are so pricey for catalog titles?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
They are small batch sometimes limited editions akin to Twilight Time, Arrow Academy, Criterion, etc. A few times a year product will go onsale.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So, being this is released under Olive's upper-tier label, THE SIGNATURE COLLECTION, you think they would simply throw the same transfer on there?
I'm just saying I wouldn't be too sure of that until I read the specs of this BD release.

Reactions: PMF

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'd be very interested in having this in my collection at some point. However, that $27.99 price point is going to need to go down some before I would be willing to pull the trigger.

I am not familiar with Olive Signature editions. Is there a reason they are so pricey for catalog titles?

Just normal new preorder prices. MSRP normally 39.99.
Typical prices for the Signatures tend to settle $20-25 with frequent enough deals to get them into the high teens with a Deep Discount 15% off code. I've rarely seen them less than $15 though.

Most of them are very good or excellent releases with much improved transfers over the prior releases and almost all of them substantial Extras added over the prior releases. Like Olive releases in general the last 2-3 years -- there just aren't many of them. There are of them total - 5 in 2016, 5 in 2017, 2 ea in 18/19 and now the 1st in 2020. A few of them have marginally better transfers, but still tend to have much better supplements than their initial item.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I’ve been looking, but with little success got the special featurs on this new release. Does anybody know?

Mikey1969

Second Unit
Real Name
M. Fox
Via the BFI site:. Presented in High Definition and Standard Definition
Aquarius (1966, 8 mins): the Age of Aquarius arrives in Nancy Hanna's jazzy psychedelic animation
San Francisco (1968, 15 mins): Anthony Stern's award-winning impressionistic documentary shot on the streets of San Fran, stunningly soundtracked with a rare early version of Pink Floyd's 'Interstellar Overdrive'
Indian Pop Instrumental (c1970, 3 mins): enigmatic English musos look east with this marvellously mysterious music film
Discomania (1979, 24 mins): Oscar Riesel's star-spangled British disc-dancing extravaganza from the glory days of glitterballs, lurex, sequins and rollerskates
Nicholas Ray in Conversation (1969, audio only): the legendary filmmaker memorably concluding his screen career in Hair - reflects upon his legacy with film critic VF Perkins at London's NFT
***FIRST PRESSING ONLY*** Fully illustrated booklet with new writing on the film by Ellen Cheshire, new interview with the film's screenwriter Michael Weller and an essay on director Milos Forman by Kieron McCormack
Last edited by Sifox211; 04-03-

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
So it seems they still could not find film footage for the musical material only on the soundtrack LP.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The previous blu-ray had deleted scenes, but I don't see any mention of that here. I have always liked this movie, and I'd spring for the new edition but it's got to include the previous content.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
The story in the movie was completely different from the musical play. The musical didn't really have a linear story .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks