What's new

Hail The Conquering Hero? (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Can anyone tell me if there are any plans to bring this classic Preston Sturges WWII comedy to DVD in the near future?

I watched the video in school last week and was surprised to find that it's not yet available on DVD... Has Universal made mention of this title in the past?

It looks as though the studio is set to release "The Palm Beach Story" in early February, but who else would love to see this released alongside??

Charles H

Screenwriter
I'm a big Sturges fan and only THE LADY EVE and SULLIVAN'S TRAVELS from Criterion are available thus far plus some pd prints of THE SIN OF HAROLD DIDDLEBOCK plus UNFAITHFULLY YOURS in R2 as representations of Sturges the director. That leaves a long-promised SE of MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK, THE GREAT MOMENT, THE GREAT McGINTY. BEAUTIFUL BLONDE FROM BASHFUL BEND, CHRISTMAS IN JULY, THE GREAT McGINTY, HAIL THE CONQUERING HERO, and THE FRENCH THEY ARE A FUNNY RACE yet to come to dvd after the release of THE PALM BEACH STORY in February....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks