Hah! Morrowind has just turned into Suikoden!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JamesH, Jan 3, 2003.

1. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

While browsing a message board, I came across a little glitch in Morrowind that has transformed it from one of my top 5 games of all time to the best game ever. I know that it works for sure in the Xbox version since I've been playing with it, and it probably works in the PC version too.

My main beef with Morrowind(other than the ridiculous amount of glitches and DDEs) has been that the game is just too lonely and depressing. However, for once, a glitch has actually become a huge positive. By combining the spell effects of soultrap and command creature OR command humanoid in a certain way, you can create a spell that will cause a NPC to follow you around pretty much forever. If you get in a fight, they have your back. You can get rid of the spell by using mark outside a house, taking them inside, then using recall. Basically this means you can put most any NPC wherever you want them. This may not be a big deal for a PC gamer with hacks/patches/mods etc., but it's a big deal for a console gamer like me.

My character is an Argonian lizard, and my heart has never been into the "unite/save the Dunmer from Dagoth Ur" quest....due to the small fact that the Dunmer enslaved my freakin lizard brothers. Thus, I've decided instead to recruit the best and brightest Argonians from all over Morrowind and rise up against the Dunmer. I tested a little bit of squad based combat by controlling about 5 imperial guards and fighting the rest of the guards in a town. It was actually pretty damn entertaining! Then I reloaded my save to begin the real work. A hot looking lizard chick walked by in Caldera, so I took her back to the Nerano Manor in Balmora and made her my wife. It's nice to have company in my house. She usually walks around on the first floor, but sometimes I've caught her staring intently at the books on the second floor, and she even occasionally goes up to the bedroom for a little bit of wink wink, nudge nudge. Second thing I did was snag creeper and take him to Balmora so selling loot would be more convenient. Then I went around and amassed a small gang of lizard thugs, which I house in the FORMER Hialu Council House(note: Be careful how many NPCs you take through a door at once). I took a few of them to a bar, started some shit, and my gang basically cleaned the place out for me.

I plan to "borrow" the best Argonians in the game to build a decent army, and I'm eventually going to storm Dren Plantation and turn it into a lizard resort. I might take over another town to make it my capitol, but I haven't decided which one yet. In conclusion: best glitch ever, best game ever.

2. Michael Henry

Michael Henry Second Unit

J. Michael Henry
    That is hillarious!

3. Tim Markley

Tim Markley Screenwriter

4. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

I've built up quite the posse now. I've got a few lizards with training/spellmaking skills holed up in the Hialu Council House, a "female friend" for them, a wife for myself, lizard sentries on top of the guard towers, and a gang of warriors in town square.

I even went out on a date. I took my wife to Seydna Need, paralyzed Fargoth with a jinkblade, and watched her kick the crap out of him.

5. Paul Richardson

Paul Richardson Second Unit

Funny stuff. I read a quote on another forum that Morrowind has the most exploits in it of any game ever, and it was probably spot-on.

6. Ryan Peddle

Ryan Peddle Second Unit

Reading this makes me laugh. I've just purchased the game and am enthralled by how huge it is, and I am following the main plotline. I stray here and there as I see fit, but have been wondering what types of things I could actually do...this is a damn good example.

Morrowind = Twisted Sims....damn straight.