Haggling of Prices

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ken Custodio, Jun 1, 2002.

1. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit

I am thinking of upgrading my speakers to the Paradigm Reference Studio series. But wanted to know what kind of price in the U.S.A people usually get.

Usually when I buy things from my local AV store the sales man I deal with tells me what price he can sell the items to me for. Most of the time it ranges from 10-20% of the displayed sticker price depending on how much the item costs. Should I be able to haggle and get a cheaper price, like a car dealer?

2. Andrew Santos

Andrew Santos Stunt Coordinator

at the local hifi shop, they quoted the prices as:

studio20 laminate: 585
    studio20 wood: 785
    studio40 laminate: 800
    stduio40 wood: 1000

that's all i got from em. but the woods were generally 200 bucks more expensive than the laminate.

these aren't haggled prices, i'm sure i could have gotten a them a little cheaper, these were his first quotes. but i wasn't buying at the time so i didn't try. i ended up doing ebay and got a really good deal on studio20 woods.

3. Mike OConnell

Mike OConnell Second Unit

Mike
    I was able to get 20% off of the price of my Paradigm's, which is not bad for a US locale.

If you really want to save money. Take a weekend drive to Canada and save a bundle.

Mike