What's new

Haggling of Prices (1 Viewer)

Ken Custodio

Second Unit
I am thinking of upgrading my speakers to the Paradigm Reference Studio series. But wanted to know what kind of price in the U.S.A people usually get.

Usually when I buy things from my local AV store the sales man I deal with tells me what price he can sell the items to me for. Most of the time it ranges from 10-20% of the displayed sticker price depending on how much the item costs. Should I be able to haggle and get a cheaper price, like a car dealer?

Andrew Santos

Stunt Coordinator
at the local hifi shop, they quoted the prices as:

studio20 laminate: 585
studio20 wood: 785
studio40 laminate: 800
stduio40 wood: 1000

that's all i got from em. but the woods were generally 200 bucks more expensive than the laminate.

these aren't haggled prices, i'm sure i could have gotten a them a little cheaper, these were his first quotes. but i wasn't buying at the time so i didn't try. i ended up doing ebay and got a really good deal on studio20 woods.

Mike OConnell

Second Unit
Real Name
Mike
I was able to get 20% off of the price of my Paradigm's, which is not bad for a US locale.

If you really want to save money. Take a weekend drive to Canada and save a bundle.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks