What's new

Had my first Krispy Kreme today! (1 Viewer)

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
Here in the Seattle area, a Krispy Kreme store just opened three days ago. It's the first one in the state. It's all people can talk about.
First, I thought "OK, a really good doughnut, cool." Then, someone from work brought in a dozen. I had one cold, and thought "Hmm, a really good doughnut, probably the best I've ever had, but still not worth waiting in line for two hours." Then I took a cold one, and popped it in the microwave. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These things are amazing! (and I haven't even had one fresh!!!)
All I can say now is....my wife is waiting in line right now to buy a couple dozen! Gawd I love her! (man, it would suck to get a divorce...)
Jrod

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
You should try one right out of the oven at the stores.
Yum
Jeff

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
You went all the way to Issaquah for a donut? I think I can wait awhile. I think KING5 said we are going to be getting about 50 more KKs in the northwest over the next year.
Since you live in Redmond, have you checked out the Fatburger yet? Well worth the drive!

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Waiting in line isn't such a bad thing. One just opened near my house (it's all the buzz here too). They hand out a free one while you're in line and you get to watch the doughnut machine. Very fun!
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
MAN is KK a franchise outfit?
if you had the cash to invest you'd make a GRIP anywhere you put one.

LDfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeffrey
Liquid Crack folks. That's the secret of the glazing.
Jeff

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
For me, a good KK glazed, hot from the oven, melts in your mouth! I don't know how anyone can restrain himself and only eat one!
A store opened about 2 miles from my house a little over a year ago - I'm in heaven!
------------------
Scott

Michael*K

Screenwriter
MAN is KK a franchise outfit?
Yep! Don't remember his name, but some guy owns the franchise rights for any KK's built between St. Louis and Chicago. My God, he's sitting on a gold mine judging by the business they do here.
Love the hot glazed fresh off the conveyor rack, but if I'm going "cold" then I have to say my favorite is the glazed kreme filled. Mmmmmm.
yum.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

Jared_B

Supporting Actor
Larry,
I actually work here in Redmond, but live in Marysville....
Fatburger is a five minute walk from here....probably a good thing that I havn't been there yet!!
Jrod

Mark Schermerhorn

Second Unit
ya know, I've had a few of these, I thought they were good, but not "liquid crack" good. Perhaps thats a good thing...I don't need extra weight. heh.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
KK opened a bunch of stores in NYC a few years ago, but lately most of them have been closed ... not sure why.
The thing is Dunkin Donuts rules with an iron fist here and their coffee brings the people in.
I like both donut chains but KK, while having better donuts, is waaay to sweet I think. Dunkin Donuts ... I can eat a half-dozen in one sitting.
------------------
RIGHT ... CHEERS!
http://www.geocities.com/asavin70

Wayne Murphy

Stunt Coordinator
Here in Canada Tim Hortons rules. KK is supposed to be trying to come up here....it should be interesting to see if they can crack the market.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Krispy Kreme is high on my "Yet Even More Things I Dislike About The Midwest" list. I hadn't realized they were so widespread.
Give me a Tim Horton's glazed sour cream doughnut any day. It's a shame the closest one is 30 miles north of me.
frown.gif

------------------
HTFsig.jpg

He obviously misinterpreted what it means to "be bullish."

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I can't believe how much I've heard about this in the Seattle area. It's just donuts. How can people possibly get so excited about it? Enough so they'll stand in line for hours just to get some freakin' donuts. You know, I love donuts as much as the next guy, but how much better than a regular donut can they possibly be? You won't find me driving all the way out to Issaquah just to find out.
------------------
"You know, there's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they
don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em just cheat on you." - Silent Bob
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzai
Optimus Prime Films
[Edited last by Ross Williams on November 02, 2001 at 06:28 PM]

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Never had one myself, but KK is set to open 2 stores here in the Twin Cities, MN area. One that I know of will open at the Mall of America. Looks like I'll make my first visit to the MOA after not stopping in for several years.
I, too wonder why all the fuss. I'm hoping Jared B's experience says it all. I'm not going to trash KK until I actually try one. Then I'll see if I go through the same kind of culinary catharsis.
Funny thing...the Twin Cities used to have a number of KK's years ago. But once the bagel revolution hit, they all folded up. Life is really cyclical.
------------------
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Frank_W

Stunt Coordinator
I can't believe how much I've heard about this in the Seattle area. It's just donuts. How can people possibly get so excited about it? Enough so they'll stand in line for hours just to get some freakin' donuts
I have had them, and they are good, but there is no
way I would wait more than 10 minutes. I have better
things to do, and a life, than wait a long time for
a friggin donut.
Did I say they are REALLY good though?

David Oliver

Second Unit
At first I was, "These are the awesomest things ever.' But I quickly grew to be rather meh about them. Dunno why, just "Next."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks