What's new

Had my bookshelves CLIOed (1 Viewer)

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Jon,
It starts at 20,000hz. And that would be because it is a bookshelf speaker (pretty sure) and not a subwoofer. Looks pretty good Gary. I assume you're please with your investment. :)

Gary Joe

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not sure why they start at 200hz but I did noticed a lot of advertised measurements start there.

I am pleased with the value of my purchase. Since it is my first project I didn't want it to be an expensive one, just in case I didn't like the results. I'm excited about doing other projects now. I'm planing a Tempest project next, then maybe a set of av1+'s or a set of adire 3 way towers and a LCC that should be coming out around next March(I em'd them last week and that's what they said).

A

Anthony_Gomez

The frequency responce measurements generally start at around 200hz and higher because room artifacts get really ugly down low. Gated measurements with short enough intervals get rid of room influences, but at the expence of no low frequency measurements.

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
OOOOHHHH....:b I see now, I was reading from right to left for some reason and also not reading carefully. Sorry guys. And thanks for the explanation Anthony.

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
that rise in treble from 5khz and up may be tamed a bit by adding some felt ring or just felt on either side of the tweeter. just a thought. tilting the speaker back tad could help also. for $100 it is still a great little speaker.

Gary Joe

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the advice Shawn. I'll try that felt trick and see if I notice a difference.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
When I first read this thread titled, I immediately thought someone had called Ms. Cleo and gotten their speakers "read" by her. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks