What's new

Had dinner at Disneyland's Club 33 (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
We went this past Saturday. Here's just a few of the pics I snapped off.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2076226&id=1454209393&l=c0d71c3b6d

It was by far one of the best dining experiences of my life, and for this HUGE Disney fan, a dream dinner as well.

A bit of history on the Club 33. It opened up in mid-1967, just a few short months after Walt's passing. It has a total of 487 members and costs about $15,000 for a members first year and $5000 a year after that. The waiting list sits at about 14 years long.

My mother-in-law told me several months ago that her property manager has a membership and that we can use it whenever we'd like, so, I jumped right on that and had him book us. From the 5 course meal, to the atmosphere, to the service it was beyond amazing. Our dinner started at 6pm and finished up just before 9pm, we even got to step out on one of the balcony's and enjoy the firework show.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I have some questions. What night of the week was this? Did it get crowded later on?

What did you have? Describe the meal. Do they have a good wine list?

Aside from it being in Disneyland, does it have a unique feature to recommend it (other than the food)?

Any significance to the name?

Don't know why I'm so curious as I don't know anybody who'll ever get me into the joint. BTW, I presume we're talking 2nd mortgage on the home as a typical dinner bill.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell

I have some questions. What night of the week was this? Did it get crowded later on?

What did you have? Describe the meal. Do they have a good wine list?

Aside from it being in Disneyland, does it have a unique feature to recommend it (other than the food)?

Any significance to the name?

Don't know why I'm so curious as I don't know anybody who'll ever get me into the joint. BTW, I presume we're talking 2nd mortgage on the home as a typical dinner bill.

It was a Saturday night, and the dining rooms were full. They have only two seating's, one at 6pm and the other at 9pm. They did have a fantastic wine list. They like to feature small, family vineyards and the bottles ranged from $85 to $700+.

We had a set 5 course meal which included salad, wild caught Hawaiian fish, beef short ribs, a cheese sampler and desert. They do have an extensive menu of all types of fish, beef, chicken, duck...etc.

The Club itself is dimly lit and features decor and furniture that Walt collected in his worldly travels. No real significance to the name other then the 33 is the street address for which it sits, Royal street. Walt loved small, exclusive clubs and that is why this one was built. Sadly, he passed several months before its completion so he never got to enjoy it.

We paid $125 per person, including wine and that also included comp tickets into both Disneyland and DCA for the day, so no, no where near a 2nd mortgage for what we got for that $125. In fact, you'd be extremely hard pressed to find a better deal, anywhere.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
That $125 for an excellent meal including wine and DL & DCA tickets is a steal. A great deal. I'd jump at that. Congratulations on your opportunity. I'm getting hungry as a site here typing in Arkansas.

I wonder if they have Heitz Martha's Vineyard? It's not a small family VY but that wine is supposed to be one of the great California wines. I've always wanted to try one.

When you say seatings, it makes me think the menu is all prix fixe. Is that true?

Edit: a few days ago I did a search and one the possibilities for the name is that there were originally 33 sponsors for the club.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Here's the official site for Club 33 Johnny, you can read all about it.

http://www.disneylandclub33.com/

As a side note, in yesterday's OC Register they made mention that this big makeover for California Adventure will now include a Club, like that of Club 33, a very exclusive club. Beyond that, no details.

Johnny Angell

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
That is the web site I had found via google, but as it boldy proclaims on the front page, it is not the official web site.

johnny

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks