What's new

Had big date, but am Snowed in! (1 Viewer)

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Now that college finals are over, I was going to go on a big date with a girl I've gotten very close to. She lives about 30 miles from me, and Monday (23'rd) it started to snow. And it still hasn't stopped Tuesday morning. I had to cancel the date because we've gotten almost a foot of snow. It was going to be such a great week. Oh well, it could be worse, and we're gonna reschedule, but with her work, and me going out of town, it could be a while. Just maddening. How's the weather with everyone else?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Josh, you got the timing all wrong. You're supposed to get snowed in after you get to her place. Didn't you read the manual? :)
Seriously, sorry to hear about your problem, and hope you can reschedule soon. At the moment it is 86 degrees here, with a chance of thunderstorms, but no snow on the horizon. :D
Regards,
Joe

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Ugh, really sorry to hear about that. Hope you two can get together soon!

There's supposed to be a bit of snow coming soon, so tomorrow might be first white Christmas that I ever knew.

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I had one of those "snowed in" kind of dates once. I was living in Georgia and drove up to Tennessee for a visit and took my GF along. We had been there for a couple of days when we got really snowed in.....and three more days passed before we felt the roads were safe enough to return to Georgia. Do I need to add that it didn't take any hot chocolate to keep us warm during our extended visit...?

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
I can't go home to my mom's today because they have had around 12inches of snow in about 12 hours. She just called and said that the cops are turning people around on the highway due to the visibility. She lives in Joplin, MO just for reference.
I'm two hours north and have not seen a snowflake yet! :frowning: What kind of Christmas is this? No snow?!

Jeff Braddock

Second Unit
Hey Jeffrey,
I'm here in Republic just west of Springfield and we have gotten 9-10 in of snow here easily. We can't go home to see our families either and it sucks. Oh well, what are you gonna do?

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Well, tonight I'm going to my fiance's grandparents but I will be going to my mom's tomorrow. I don't care how long it will take me, but I'll get there!! :)

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
Full on White Christmas here in Maryland. The weather folks are calling for possible 2".
What Joseph said. Get there first, then get snowed in. :D
Have fun on your date when it happens.
Peace

Dave Ringkor

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Ringkor
The same thing happened to me today. It was to be our second date, and when I suggested we see a movie, she mentioned that we could rent one and asked if I had a stereo. (That would be yes.) She was going to come over and cook me dinner. Damn weather, damn damn weather! We've rescheduled for Friday night though, so that's good.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
we didn't have any snow here last week, tuesday it started snowing and it didn't really stop until Monday. Dunno what we have now, 8"? a foot? no idea.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Hey it's cool to see other Kansas/Missouri folks on this thread. As for the snow, the only things that bugs me is being stuck in the house with my whole family. The "together time" is getting a little old. Oh well, I love 'em and it could be worse. :) :emoji_thumbsup:

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
It was to be our second date, and when I suggested we see a movie, she mentioned that we could rent one and asked if I had a stereo. (That would be yes.) She was going to come over and cook me dinner.
Dave, that sounds like a fine woman. I think you need to buy a snowmobile!

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Well here in Grey Britain it's living up to our typical Christmas weather - grey and overcast and no sign of snow. Come to think of it, this describes practically *any* day in Britain (with the exception of July and August, when the statement about snow is usually superfluous).

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
That does suck. Oh well.....Reschedule that date ASAP. Do not wait a second. Pencil it in NOW...Just cause, if you want to date this person, don't let some snow throw you off course and get behind in trying to work out a date. I guess eventually you will anyways, cause you said you're close to them, but ideally, you wanna do it now while the iron is hot. Oh, and perhaps a New Years kiss in your future? Just cheering for you man!

We had no real snow and now for Christmas, we got dumped on. A white Chrismas no doubt. Can't complain...

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Chris, belive me, I will reschedule as soon as possible. With her work schdeule, and me leaving for a little while over Christmas break it will be a little tougher than usual, but I'll make sure it happens. Don't know about a New Years kiss, but that would definately rule! :emoji_thumbsup:

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I'm a hopeless romantic, so thats why I was so urgent, and why I suggested the possibility of New Years Eve......who knows :)

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Josh - Sorry to hear about your problems. Reschedule it ASAP!
Dave - you lucky dog! Any time a woman prefers to stay at home for a date, make you dinner and rent a movie...
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

On a non-dating note, after the weather people gave us a 0% chance of a white Christmas on Monday morning, Santa surprised us with 6"-7" of the white stuff. It was the most perfect Christmas snow I remember. It started late Christmas Eve (after 11:00pm) and snowed steadily until just almost noon. No white-out, no blizzard conditions, just an easy, steady snow. It looks beautiful!

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Yep. Its still here. Kinda hard to walk and run in, but maybe I'll get snow-shoes :) I should go cross-country skiing soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks