Hacken Lee Live multichannel SACD

Discussion in 'Music' started by Sutjahjo Ngaserin, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Sutjahjo Ngaserin

Sutjahjo Ngaserin Stunt Coordinator

This is simply the most realistic live recording I've heard, it is in Cantonese..

And though I don't understand Cantonese, the realism is incredible!

A must have!

2. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Looks like the Hong Kong music labels are choosing SACD over DVD-Audio on their Hi Res releases, even Warner Bros. Being a HK pop music collector, I may just have to bite the bullet and get a SACD player. I just read several positive reviews in their local Hi Fi magazines on this Hacken Lee Live disc as well.

3. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Talk about digging up old threads....here's a link to the album in question.
    And here are the Hong Kong Warner SACDs in question. Apparently, no more SACDs will be produced by HK Warner and some of these has already gone out of print.

4. Ben LG

Ben LG Stunt Coordinator

Danny - check out yesasia.com's sacd section, the prices are steep but they have some nice best of the best titles.

5. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Ben,
    Actually, yesasia.com's prices on HK SACDs are very good. However, yesasia.com don't have any of HK Universal, HK EMI, or the other releases by local HK labels Crown Records. Yesasia.com did have all of HK Warner's then SACDs at one time, but they were deleted after a post contributed by me to Brian Moura at HFR. I am surprised that Yesasia.com is selling both the Sammi Cheng SACD and the Beyond SACD from HK Warner. Earlier this week, the Sammi Cheng SACD was offered at $10.99/SACD. It has since returned to its $22.99 price. I have a friend who purchased 3 copies of the Sammi Cheng SACD, knowing it will become a collector's item at a later time.
    There's only one brick-and-mortar store here in San Francisco's Chinatown that regularly carry HK SACDs. The prices it charge are similar to what's on malmusic.com.