Hack to enable Re-EQ on Pioneer 811S

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stephen Hopkins, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

I recently read that the only difference in the build of the Pioneer 811S and the Elite 41 was the amplification stage. The rest of the build was exactly the same. The same post said that because of this, the hardware is there to use Re-EQ on both receivers, but it was disabled on the 811S and enabled on the 41.
    I'm wondering if anyone has thought that because of this, there could be a very simple hack to the 811S to enable Re-EQ. It might also entail purchasing a replacement 41 remote to access it, but it seams to me that it would probably be worth it.
    Hopefully some one way smarter than me has already toyed around with this idea and found a hack. If so, POST IT AS A RESPONSE [​IMG]
    I'm sure i'm not the first to think of this, so if you have, feel free to reply also.
    Also, if you know a solid reason that this won't work, reply as well.
    I guess everyone likes getting something for nothing, or at least putting a little effort into their equipment to make it an even better value.
    Thanks

2. Kevin Parker

Kevin Parker Stunt Coordinator

bump...

3. Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer

What does "bump" mean? I've only been on this forum a little over a month, and that's always confused me.

Thanks

4. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

"BUMP" = Back to the Top hoping someone will respond.

Kevin

5. Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer

Thanks a ton [​IMG] I was pretty sure someone else out there would be interested in this topic... maybe someone has bot the 811 and the 41 and doesn't mind voiding their warranties in the name of experimentation. *L*