What's new

haaaallllpppp :C (1 Viewer)

GotNoTechSwag

Auditioning
Real Name
nicole spizzo
I've been looking into buying a blu-ray/dvd player but, unfortunately I have ABSOLUTELY no idea what any of the random letter/number things mean. For example, DMP-BDT210.... lolwut? Yeah, I'm not exactly what you'd call "tech savvy" ... as you can already tell, haha. I need to know what you guys would recommend and what you find to be the best of the blu-ray players. Please, I beg of you, help me. :l

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nicole:

Welcome to the HTF!

The model numbers don't really tell you anything about how a Blu-ray player will perform. There are, however, always lists of technical specifications which will give you some ideas...if you've got any understanding of the terms used and what they mean.

If not, I bet almost any Blu-ray player within your budget will perform nicely for you...assuming that you have the appropriate high def television to display the high quality signal. You are also going to want to have some kind of nice quality (preferably surround sound) audio system to further enhance the HD experience that Blu-ray brings.

elwaylite

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Ive been doing blu since 2006, and owned several brands, so here is my take: 1) If you want a general, inexpensive and reliable quality blu-ray player, buy a Panasonic. I have the BDT210 and love it. Sony is also good, but I prefer panny 2) If you want the creme of the crop for top of the line PQ, AQ and format support, Oppo (i have a 92 as well as love it too)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks