What's new

H/V or not to H/V? (1 Viewer)

Sol_N

Grip
My HDTV receiver and HDTV Set both have H/V Sync plugs... The question is what are they exactly? And Should I utilize them or just stick with the GBR Component plugs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
It shouldn't make any difference. Technically, using RGB-HV seperates the signal more than component does, but I have no heard of anyone being able to see a visible difference. I would go with whatever you have cables for and makes integration of other components the easiest.

Sol_N

Grip
Thanks Bill.

Do you by chance know which cables are supposed to go into the horizontal/vertical sync plugs? Regular old rca cables or something different? I haven't been able to find any, btw.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
They should be 75-ohm cables, same as all the others. Usually, they tend to be BNC connectors, but if both your devices have RCA connectors on them, a decent, shielded 75-ohm cable will do the trick, just fine. Just make sure you hook up all the connectors to their respective counterparts or you'll get an awfully funny looking picture. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks