H/K Signature 2.0, software 2.12?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Parnell, Jan 16, 2003.

1. Matt Parnell

Matt Parnell Agent

I've read so many rumors, and I'd just like to truly know if this so-called software rev 2.12 really exists for the H/K Signature 2.0. I've got 2.10a, which was supposedly the latest rev when I bought it from Harman Audio last summer.

So my questions are:

1) Does it exist?
    2) What is improved from 2.10a --> 2.12?
    3) Where can I get it? Can I upgrade the ROM myself?

I'm hoping maybe it might correct the occasional lockup I get when changing digital modes.

2. Tom_Hayes

Tom_Hayes Extra

I talked to Bon Popum today, he's the nice man who does all the warranty work on the Signature 2.0s.
    There WAS a 2.12 upgrade that has been discontinues due to bugs.
    Apparently the 2.12 update was for something with the DTS board but it cause a problem where non-European models would no longer have there AM band working. Apparently Europe uses even numbers for stations and we use .5 for ours. So in the US it would try to use Euro tuning and it would not work.
    He said he only put in around 5 of the new eproms before HK recalled it.
    He confirms the current release is 2.10a.
    He also szays mine had a bad DTS board and he was waiting on parts. I want mine back [​IMG]

3. Matt Parnell

Matt Parnell Agent

Thanks for the info, Tom.

I sent him an email addressing a couple of minor concerns. I'm anxiously awaiting his reply.

If I recall - you're the one with the loud hiss problem, right? I watched a movie last weekend with my room unusually silent - all computers and all fans off. I could not hear any hiss even during the silent scenes of the movie, so yours definitely had some issues.

Best of luck.

4. MarkO

MarkO Second Unit

5. Tom_Hayes

Tom_Hayes Extra

I jsut tell it let I get it. I called Bob Popum, they guy who does all the warranty work on the Signature series for HK and that is what he told me. told me it was for DTS, that it caused AM tuning problems in the US and that it had been recalled.

-Tom

6. Tom_Hayes

Tom_Hayes Extra

FYI: I jsut got my unit back from repair and it's still using 2.10a.

-Tom