1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

H/K - Logic 7 question

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Marshall Sander, Jan 27, 2003.

1. Marshall Sander

Marshall Sander Stunt Coordinator

In another thread, a forum member wrote that he had a problem with the Logic 7 on his AVR 8000 as follows:

"The Logic7 will occasionally route the same information to all speakers, at equal volume. I have to change the encoding option and switch it back to fix it."

Now I'm thinking I might also have a problem with my Logic 7. When recently calibrating using AVIA, during the audio calibration test mode where the voice rotates "right front, center, left front, right rear, left rear" I noticed that the "right rear" and "left rear" voices were coming from both rear speakers. I then noticed that my H/K was in Logic 7 mode. When I took it out of Logic 7 and went to Dolby Digital, the voices then correctly came out of only the proper speaker.

Does this mean there is a problem with my Logic 7?

2. John S Choi

John S Choi Agent

Logic 7 always had problem of leaking some of the information to other channels going back to CP-1(non logic7) and DC-1 (logic-7). H/K Logic 7 will produce this problem more than LEX processors. Its common problem of logic7 but they are getting better.

3. David G Greene

David G Greene Stunt Coordinator

This why I think Pro-logic II is better over all.