What's new

H/K DPR 1001 receiver (1 Viewer)

Ed_B

Auditioning
I was at circuit city last night looking at the H/K receivers and took notice to the H/K DPR 1001, the salesman said they just got it a about a month or two ago, its completely digital. They had it hooked up to their HT set up on display, with a H/K DVD and with infinity alpha speakers, it sounded amazing :D think it sold for $999.

Does anyone use this receiver and what do you think of it?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
I got my eyes opened for this one, very interesting to hear about it's performance. Not big on the power rating, but a HK receiver 50wpc can sound better than higher rated receivers from other brands.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
I was actually somewhat curious on the reciever myself. Although never knowing anyone who has had it when I was at the audio store purchasing my 225 I asked the guy about it wondering is perhaps all-digital was the way to go. He said it made it more compact, eliminated alot of "crap" that wasn't needed. Personally I don't see what big degree of difference it would give, but it has to improve over something besides how slim they are. If you are looking though I would have to say just to look more towards the Harman/Kardon AVR-325, that is a better deal in my opinion.

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
quote, wow refurbished ones already, this hasnt even been out in the market that long...,quote

Actually it's been about for nearly a Year, It use to be on Crutchfield's website.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
Greg,

$1000.00 for a "remanufactured" unit?? J&R is quoting $700.00 for a new unit with free shipping.

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
Danny,

If I had $998 for a new receiver I'd buy the HK 7200 immediately. Forget all that digital stuff, the 7200 is a powerful beast.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Very true Greg, I was looking at that mdoel because I was curious and that thing could power a large theater... well maybe not that much but it's power is very good. It's somewhat like a processor and an amp all in one, more than any other company I have ever seen do in a reciever.

JessPrice

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering if this H/K is true to it's power rattings. It looks like they cheaped out on this one: "All Channels: 50 Watts per channel @ 8 Ohms, 1kHz, 0.19% THD"

50 watts in a single frequency with .19% THD? That doesn't sound like the normal power rattings they give. They usualy rate them at smaller THD levels with "pink noise" with all channels driven, not push all the power through 1 single frequency!

Just wondering if anyone else caught this too.

Steve Adams

Second Unit
well, I was looking at one of thses but im going elsewhere...typical harman...dies in no time flat. I was hoping they changed......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks