H/K AVR8000 Amp Assignments?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick D, Oct 22, 2002.

1. Patrick D

Patrick D Stunt Coordinator

I've read in multiple places that the H/K 8000 allows for assignment of its internal amps. In fact, that was part of the prime reason I bought it (putting a nice 2ch amp on the mains).
    However, I can't seem to find any mention of this ability, or how to do it, anywhere in the documentation or on H/K's website. [​IMG]
    Does anyone know if this was just a rumor or if there really -is- a way to assign the internal amps to different channels?

2. Gregory Scott Bass

Gregory Scott Bass Stunt Coordinator

Im counting on this feature too...mine is suppose to be here in a week or two.....from what I understand this is accomplished through the jumpers in the back....nothing to do on the front side ??

3. Chriss M

Chriss M Second Unit

you can use the amp section of the 8000 exactly as you would a seperate 5channel poweramp. It is not a software feature, there are actually amp inputs on the back panel of the unit. As delivered from the factory, there are jumpers which connect the pre-outs to the amp-input for each corresponding channel. All you need to do is remove this jumper and use interconnects to configure the amp section for your needs.