H/K AVR520 runaway volume

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Stephen Dodds, Nov 9, 2002.

1. Stephen Dodds

Stephen Dodds Second Unit

My H/K AVR520 has started doing naughty things with the remote. It seems to only recognise it intermittently, the worst consequence being that sometimes the volume runs away all the way, making for some rapid seat jumping.

I seem to remember mention of this before here but couldn't find the post. Does anyone know a cure?

Steve

2. RodNoble

RodNoble Agent

have you tried changing the batteries, Probably not the case but that would be the first thing i would do..

3. Stephen Dodds

Stephen Dodds Second Unit

Yep, it's not the batteries.

Steve

4. David Harris

David Harris Stunt Coordinator

I have had the identical problem with my vsx45tx... My receiver is in a closet and is approx 10 feet from my listening position, when i use the remote directly in front of the unit, the volume operates normal but when used from my listening position is (afu) i corredted this by connecting my recoton dsc ir100a remote extender and placing the ir extender over the ir pickup on the front of the receiver i havent had the problem since...on the same lines the in closet extender+the remote signal combined may have been causing the problem...dk good luck 73[​IMG]

5. henning hoffmann

henning hoffmann Stunt Coordinator

I have an AVR500, and had a similar problem, but not related to the remote. The volume would change all by itself. My dealer sent it away (for free, of course), it came back, and now it works just fine. It was a known problem.