H/K avr325 vs. avr330 ???

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by JasonF, Feb 10, 2004.

1. JasonF

JasonF Agent

I am about to order a ht receiver and I'm split between the h/k avr325 and avr330. I noticed the watts are slightly different, but would I notice that little of difference? The price difference is $60 and I am on a budget. Is there any other differences? I do have a 60" philips hdtv i will be using. Advise please.

2. Chris Sherman

Chris Sherman Second Unit

I went with the AVR 325. Mainly I prefer the older styling better and the weight is about 10lbs heavier which to me indicates better build. The AVR 325 also has a learning remote which I don't believe the AVR 330 has. I also own an AVR 225 and was surprised when I opened it to find two large 15,000 uf filter capacitors. The AVR 325 has only slightly more storage capacity with two 10,000uf caps on one side and two 6,800uf caps on the other. I believe this is what they are referring to as seperate power supplies for front and rear speakers. They share the same EI type transformer which is the largest I have seen in a receiver. I am very satisfied with the sound of the 325 it sounds better than the Onkyo TXDS 676 it replaces. I am amazed at just how similar the 225 sounds it definitely holds it's own although with a lot less features. The AVR 230 looks to be an even better AVR with the addition of a sixth channel, component switching, and pre outs for all channels all at the same price of last years AVR 230. I probably would have bought it if I could have found one in stock anyway Iam totally happy with the AVR 325.