What's new

H/K AVR 8000 + PA 4000 Configuration Opinions? (1 Viewer)

John Bennett

Auditioning
I have a new Harman/Kardon AVR 8000 arriving "Real Soon Now," and already bought a new PA 4000 amp to accompany it for 7.1 and dual-zone amplification. I plan on running the PA 4000 in its "Bridged Mode 2," providing 4 x 100 Watts @ 8 ohms. I initially anticipated using the AVR 8000 for left, center and right front, and left and right surround, using the PA 4000 for rear surrounds and a second zone. My question is if anyone else with this combination has any advice on which amps to use for which channels? Particularly, I wonder about any benefit or drawbacks from running the front left and right channels on a separate amp like the PA 4000? The PA 4000 is slightly lower rated power, 100 WPC vs. 110 for the AVR 8000, but I'm curious if relieving the AVR 8000 from having to drive the front L/R speakers would be of greater benefit than the marginally higher rated power.

Thanks for any insight...

--John

Matt Weldy

Second Unit
I dont have any info for you. But however I am thinking of the same combination. I have never used a reciever with a seperate amp before. If you could let me know how you like it or if there are any note to selfs. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks