H/K AVR 630 problem *

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by John*W, Jan 6, 2005.

1. John*W

John*W Auditioning

Not sure if this happens to any receiver but its happening to mine. Its about 2 months old. On low volumes sounds great with the Infinity Beta50's all around with Infinity C360 center and a SVS sub. As soon as I want to crank the volume on a DVD or CD the receiver just shuts off by itself! This only happens when I want to put the volume up, no matter what surround setup I have on the receiver. I called OneCall from whom I purchased it from and they told me that I should check the speaker wire going to the receiver because it may be touching the back of it and making it cause a short when I give it more juice. Also told me to check the speaker wire on the binding posts for the same thing which would be more rare of a solution. so far I have redone the wiring to the back of the receiver and the 3 front speakers.I put the receiver on and it still does it! I will later today redo or check the surrounds for the same....Has anyone had this type of problem before and give me some advice? Thanks!

2. Rob F

Rob F Auditioning

i had that problem a few times due to my lazy wiring. when you turn the reciever up realy loud it goes into a protect mode because something isnt hooked up properly and it is protecting itself from damage. i would check the wiring again to make sure there are no flaws. that should solve the problem. good luck

3. EricRWem

EricRWem Screenwriter

Adrik
    This sounds like my 630 bug, except there was absolutely no speaker wire issue whatsoever. The unit simply would shut itself to stanby after a maximum of 75 seconds. This number declined with each attempt. It even did so with everything unplugged.

I had to return it to HK for a full refund. Some bizarre, internal failure of some sort. This unit was a refurb bought direct from HK. 6 months of perfect use, then suddenly this happened.