H/k Avr 520 Help!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by MattyB, Sep 27, 2002.

1. MattyB

MattyB Auditioning

I just recently purchased this receiver and it is great so far. This is the most complicated receiver I have ever bought and it is really confusing me. Can I program it just using the remote and the front panel switches or does the majority of it have to be done while using On Screen Display?

Second Question, I realize that to do OSD I need to have an S-video cable going from my receiver to my TV, right? Well, I currently have component video cables going from my DVD player to the receiver and I was going to then run another set of component video cables from the receiver to the Sony Wega TV (non-HDTVI have. Would this be redundant since I am already having to run an s-video to the tv from the receiver? Am I better off just using one of the video modes for OSD programming and keep the component video cables connected for the pictures transfer...is it necessary? I'm a little lost here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-Matt

2. Daryl L

Daryl L Supporting Actor

You can do all adjustment using only the remote.

Component offers better video for dvd. You will need the OSD to set the Front Input In/Out choice, Advanced menu options and the Speaker Setup like Size, Sub X-over, 5.1 or 6.1/7.1 option, Bass Peak Level, Multi-room, these are basicly a one time adjustment you can do by temporarily connecting an RCA or S-vid cable.

Other than that you can basicly set everything else up with the remote and front panel display like delay, speaker output level, sound mode choice per input.