What's new

H/K AVR 325 vs. Yamaha RXV 630 (1 Viewer)

Greg N

Auditioning
Hi -

I am looking to buy a new receiver within the next few months and I was hoping for some input.

My speakers are Klipsch KSF 8.5 and I am currently looking at the H/K AVR 325 and the Yamaha RXV 630. I will be using it for around 60% HT, 40% music. My current Kenwood is pretty good with HT, but seems to lack dynamics when it comes to music.

Before I start running around trying to find shops that carry these brands and demo'ing them, I am trying to get some preliminary input from everyone.

I am also open to other suggestions for receivers in the $500 range that mate well with the Klipsch. Right now though the H/K and Yamaha have caught my eye.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

sean_k

Auditioning
well i have the same speakers as u :) and i have a hk520. I have just recently received it but I love the sound. I think they make the klipsch sound a little fuller, while still maintaining clear highs. A very efficiant combo, can be very very loud.
I am not sure but I believe yahmaha's are a little brighter ?:| I use to have one and i like the hk better. loved the yahmaha to mind u :)
not much help, but my 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks