H/K Avr 320 HELP!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Nick Cerretti, Dec 25, 2002.

1. Nick Cerretti

Nick Cerretti Stunt Coordinator

Just got the avr 320 [​IMG] Needless to say, I was surprised to find it under the tree [​IMG]. And I'm more and more impressed by it each hour I listen to it. However, I've found a problem that I can't seem to fix. I can't use DPL2 or Logic 7 on stereo sources. Well, I can, it's just only the the two main speakers are on, and I can't seem to find out how to turn on the center, surrounds, and sub on.
    When I play a DVD or a game w/ DD, all the speakers are recognized, and its sounds absolutely amazing. When I put a game in, or just watch TV, only the L and R speaker loght up. This is my first experience with DPL2 and L7, so I'd like to hear them in surround sound [​IMG]
    Any 320 owners out there who can help out? confused:

2. Rick_FL

Rick_FL Stunt Coordinator

Merry xmas. You got a nice xmas gift!! I own the AVR320. To answer a few of your questions

3. Nick Cerretti

OMG!! [​IMG]
    Rick, you're right. [​IMG] When you use logic 7 and dpl2, the mains are only speakers lit up. D'oh. I could've sworn I heard nothing from the surrounds, but I must've been totally out of it. But tried it and it works out ok. Oh well, at least I'm the one that needs fixing, not the receiver [​IMG]

4. Rick_FL

Rick_FL Stunt Coordinator

use that spl meter built into the remote. makes a world of difference

5. joe.a

joe.a Auditioning

Nick,

What price did you pay for avr320 ? Have you seen any better deal than $399+shipping for avr320 ?

Thanks.

6. Nick Cerretti

Yeah $399 from Jandr.com
    I don't have a Fry's near me, but I've heard that they were selling it for $299, which is ungodly cheap. Unfortunately, they don't sell on the internet (at least not the 320 [​IMG] ) . I'm not sure if they are still selling it at that price, but its worth to check it out. Still, at $399, its a steal (with free shipping I think from jandr.com)