H/K AVR 230 problems

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Nathan Bjork, May 24, 2005.

1. Nathan Bjork

Nathan Bjork Stunt Coordinator

Hi everyone,

I have had my H/K AVR230 for a little over a year, I bought it brand new. I was watching The Simpsons on DVD with DD-EX and it was around 11pm, so the volume was set a -60.. down very low. My sub was sleeping because it was so low. Well I would hear a weird, low freq. buzzing noise every couple of scenes. I thought it might just be the mixing, but after about 10 mins, the sound was gone. The AVR was still on, I wasn't laying on the remote, and I didn't smell/hear anything out of the normal when it happened. No burnt/hot electronic smell at all.

I thought my DVD player went out, so I turned the radio on and heard nothing. Not even static. So I ran the speaker check test. Checked all of my wires to make sure nothing was shorting. I unplugged the unit and even all the speakers. After all the speakers where unplugged I pulled the sub cord out and touched the end to make sure that was all working. Well it was about 12 by now and the gain was over the 1/2 mark, and when I touched that thing... The true power of an SVS is heard a midnight in a silent room. The unit puts out no signal to the sub, even with all the speakers unplugged.

I just thought I would ask the smart fellas around here if theres anything else I can do to test my AVR, I don't want to send it in. And I've never had experience with the customer service with H/K, how is it?

-Thanks

2. Robert Lewis

Robert Lewis Auditioning

Well, I don't know what may have happened with your AVR, however I can tell you that I have had some experience with Harman Kardon customer service, and they have always been excellent!