H/K 8000 buzz in the Jan/02 models... Just how bad is it really?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by RickBlacker, Jan 27, 2003.

1. RickBlacker

RickBlacker Stunt Coordinator

I am contemplating buying one of the H/K AVR-8000s that was made in Jan/2002. I was hoping to get some opinions on just how bad the buzz really is. A have a buddy on the Klipsch forum who says that it's not that bad. I just wanted to get other peoples opinions also.

I am not a mega audiophile or anything but I do like a good sound.

Thanks for anyones input! [​IMG]

2. Mark_Stamper

Mark_Stamper Auditioning

It is not bad at all, I have a July build but I do not think there is any diffrence.

3. Scott Pagac

Scott Pagac Stunt Coordinator

I sit about 6 feet from my center and I can hear the buzzing quite distinctly during quiet passages of movies when the fridge is not running. As soon as the fridge starts up or any good signal is sent to the center speaker, I can no longer hear it. I found it fairly annoying at first, but I think I am becoming a bit used to it right now. That really is the only issue with my unit. Everything else about it is so far beyond what I had hoped for, I am really very happy with the 8000 overall.

4. RickBlacker

Mark, Scott

Thanks for your input...

5. Raphael O

Raphael O Stunt Coordinator

rick
    it is not only on the january 2002 build ,i have a july 2002 and i have a buzz which can only be noticed when your ear is at 6 inches away from the center channel tweeter.

it is a non issue for me .

6. Ahmose

Ahmose Extra

It's a non-issue to me as well, you literaly have to put your ear right next to the speaker in order to hear it.

7. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

I have to be about 1' from the speaker on my 1/02 model. I think it may vary a bit according to what kind of speaker you have attached to the center channel too, though I'm not positive.

8. John Tompkins

John Tompkins Supporting Actor

Non issue for me, about 6 inches or closer to hear it in a silent room...jan 2002 build, not purchased from one call though

9. RickBlacker

I have a Klipsch RC7 right now, but I am upgrading that to a RF7.. Then I will have a nice full array of RF7s up front. Considering how sensitive Klipsch are, I may hear it. A buddy on the klipsch forum has some 3 La Scalas up front, he says he can it bairly.