What's new

H/K 8000 buzz in the Jan/02 models... Just how bad is it really? (1 Viewer)

RickBlacker

Stunt Coordinator
I am contemplating buying one of the H/K AVR-8000s that was made in Jan/2002. I was hoping to get some opinions on just how bad the buzz really is. A have a buddy on the Klipsch forum who says that it's not that bad. I just wanted to get other peoples opinions also.

I am not a mega audiophile or anything but I do like a good sound.

Thanks for anyones input! ;)

Scott Pagac

Stunt Coordinator
I sit about 6 feet from my center and I can hear the buzzing quite distinctly during quiet passages of movies when the fridge is not running. As soon as the fridge starts up or any good signal is sent to the center speaker, I can no longer hear it. I found it fairly annoying at first, but I think I am becoming a bit used to it right now. That really is the only issue with my unit. Everything else about it is so far beyond what I had hoped for, I am really very happy with the 8000 overall.

Raphael O

Stunt Coordinator
rick
it is not only on the january 2002 build ,i have a july 2002 and i have a buzz which can only be noticed when your ear is at 6 inches away from the center channel tweeter.

it is a non issue for me .

Ahmose

Grip
It's a non-issue to me as well, you literaly have to put your ear right next to the speaker in order to hear it.

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
I have to be about 1' from the speaker on my 1/02 model. I think it may vary a bit according to what kind of speaker you have attached to the center channel too, though I'm not positive.

John Tompkins

Supporting Actor
Non issue for me, about 6 inches or closer to hear it in a silent room...jan 2002 build, not purchased from one call though

RickBlacker

Stunt Coordinator

I have a Klipsch RC7 right now, but I am upgrading that to a RF7.. Then I will have a nice full array of RF7s up front. Considering how sensitive Klipsch are, I may hear it. A buddy on the klipsch forum has some 3 La Scalas up front, he says he can it bairly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks