What's new

h/k 525 for pre/pro with sherbourne 7/2100. What cables to connect the two? (1 Viewer)

Todd smith

Supporting Actor
Looking for some excellent quality, but good bang for the buck cables to join my h/k 525 to my sherbourne 7/2100. Should I just go up to Soundtrack and get some good cables there? Are there better cables I can order over the net that are a better bang for the buck? Are more expensive cables that much better?

I dont think I need to use the balanced inputs on the Sherbourne since the h/k will sit right above it on the next shelf in my audio rack so there wont be any great distance between the two components. What cables should I mate these two components with?

Andy_Steb

Stunt Coordinator
Blue Jean Cables is a forum sponsor give them a try. 2' seven channel rca's will run about 90 bucks.

BTW your H/K doesn't support balanced inputs.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Looking for some excellent quality, but good bang for the buck cables to join my h/k 525 to my sherbourne 7/2100.
Aren't we all! For some, quality might mean locking RCA's or an exotic material of construction or something that's covered in TechFlex to give it that 'je ne sais quoi' look.

Should I just go up to Soundtrack and get some good cables there?
I've no idea what that place is but they just might have what you need. In an interconnect which connects a source to a destination you are going from a low output impedance into a high input impedance. The gauge (resistance), inductance, impedance, doesn't matter since you're dropping the voltage into your amp. Capacitance is a factor but only and I do mean only if we're talking orders of magnitude difference. When capacitance gets very high, what happens is that the highs become rolled off. In the scenario you're looking at, you can use any shielded interconnect.

Are there better cables I can order over the net that are a better bang for the buck?
Dunno. Places that make or sell competent interconnects are Radio Shack, the Dayton line over at PartsExpress.com AR's over at Accessories4less.com Blue Jeans, KnuKonceptz, Ramelectronics.net, Lashen.com and the list goes on.

Are more expensive cables that much better?
Nope, but they sure are pretty and come with some pretty creative names and irrelevent specifications.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks