H/K 525 for $618 shipped!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Guyza, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Guyza

Guyza Stunt Coordinator

2. alan_dana

alan_dana Agent

These prices are extraordinary given this receiver has been out for what, two months?

Of course, the Pioneer Elite line is also available at 40% off. So this isn't unique.

Alan

3. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    If you do order the 525 through ecost please consider this link so we get the credit for sending you to them and you help support this site.
    AVR525 at eCost through HTF
    Parker

4. David Lorenzo

David Lorenzo Stunt Coordinator

That is an amazing price. I was going to get a 325, but I might as well pick this one up instead. Considering it is hardly more than I was going to pay for the 325.

5. liana

liana Agent

gah! i just ordered mine from onecall!

6. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

Is ecost an authorized dealer? I am pretty sure they are not, so it may be a better investment buying at onecall, expecially with the problems that seem to pop up on HK receivers.

J

7. Mathew Shelby

Mathew Shelby Second Unit

Just to let you know everyone who orders from ecost.com, it is not actually $618 shipped it is $634 shipped. They say there is no shipping (but then they tack on a $16 "handling" fee. It is stil a good deal in my opinion, so I went ahead and ordered it. I am aware that ecost is not authorized, however I will take the chance, given the low price.

8. Denis K

Denis K Agent

Hey alan_dana, where are you seeing Pio Elites at 40% off list? (Sorry for the slightly off-topic post.)

Thanks,
    Denis

9. Jason Brent

Jason Brent Second Unit

Does anybody know for sure if ecost is authorized??

I called them just now and spoke with Oscar. He said that they were authorized. However they aren't listed on Harman Kardon's website (onecall is)

I also tried to call Harman Consumer Group, but they are closed until Monday.

The ecost deal is sweet. They also have a special for 9.95 for overnight shipping!! Even with the handling fee (approx $16) this is still cheaper than onecall, and it will be here tomorrow.

What do you all think??

10. RahulG

RahulG Auditioning

I received my 525 from ecost day before yesterday. After reading all of the negative stories about some e-tailers, I was a bit anxious to receive and open.

I'm happy to say that the box it came in (the original HK box) was in perfect condition and everything inside appears to be perfect. None of the serial numbers etc. appear to be tampered with. Needless to say, I'm quite pleased with the purchase.

When I ordered, the rep also told me that the HK warranty would be honored if I bought through ecost. Didn't really matter to me..at the time of order (pre onecall deal) their price was the cheapest by far, so I would have bought it anyway.

My only complaint was that I had to wait ~10 days after I placed the order for the item to ship...they were in backorder.

The manufacture date on my unit is Oct. 2002, FWIW.

11. Mathew Shelby

Mathew Shelby Second Unit

Rahul,
    I also ordered from ecost on Dec 1. They were backordered for 3 weeks!! and I finally received my HK 525 yesterday. Have not had a chance to play with it yet, but I will let everyone know when I do.

12. Aaron Lock

Aaron Lock Extra

I ordered one this morning after trying unsuccessfully to order one from OneCall (man, they are pretty rude over there). They have a problem with me living in Canada and having it shipped to my work in the US. At any rate, I got it for $618, I noticed the price is now $649.

The countdown to sound begins...

Aaron.