H/K 525 Banana plugs

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Natelabo, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Natelabo

Natelabo Stunt Coordinator

2. Jay Blanchard

Heh, funny. I just bought an H/K 525 and 20 of these same plugs from Ebay [​IMG]

You can see from the back panel of this receiver:

http ://www .harmankardon. com/back.asp?prod=AVR%20525&cat=REC&sType=C

All the L/R connections will work with dual plugs, except for the speakers themselves. I figured that I would just cut the plastic piece to separate them for the speakers and sub.

3. Wayne Ernst

Wayne Ernst Cinematographer

I had problems with some dual banana plugs that I had purchased to use with my Denon receiver. Actually, my plugs also looked the same as those in the pictures. I had to separate them by splitting the plastic apart. It was a pretty easy process - and I saved quite a few $$ rather than going with the Monster plugs.

4. SeanA

SeanA Second Unit

Check out AR's PR407 banana plugs on Amazon.com. They are single plugs, but come with a plastic adaptor you can use to turn the singles into double plugs if you desire. I was very pleased with the purchase... < $10 for 2 pair. They are gold-plated, very easy to use, color-coded (red & black bands), and look great too.

5. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Sean:

So you picked up the H/K?

Nice choice on the AR banana plugs, especialy for the back of the receiver.

The AR plugs are a little shorter in over-all length. The contact pin itself is of normal length though. This may not be a problem for some, but if one has "limited space" behind the receiver, that extra shortness in the AR banana plugs can help.

Nate:

Nice choice with the H/K receiver.
    Good to see another MI member, your just down the road a bit from me.

Cheers
    Geoff

6. SeanA

SeanA Second Unit

Geoff,

I just order the AVR225. I almost bought a refurbished unit for about $265 shipped, but than discovered a brand new unit through Amazon (actually J&R) for only $350 shipped. Can't wait to get it hooked up !!!

I am still waiting for more of the AR banana plugs though. They must be popular because they have been on back-order for several weeks. I have the plugs running to my main front speakers already and I ordered more for my receiver connections. I have the speakers bi-wired and I am pretty sure I can get two sets of wires into one banana plug for the back of my receiver. I tried it out and there seems to be plenty of room in the plugs for two wires, though I can't tell you what gage my Monster wires are. Typical for Monster... the gage isn't on the wires or on the reel or in any of their literature.