What's new

H/K 525 and caliberating different inputs (1 Viewer)

arun kumar

Auditioning
I recently purchased the H/K 525 and am confused on caliberation. I have a 5.1 system. I had no idea this could be so complex :)

I have already caliberated DVD Dolby digital input with the Digital Video Essentials Disk.

Do I need to caliberate the receiver for each additional input (TV, satellite, VCR, etc) AND for each type of sound (dolby, dts, stereo mode, logic 7, etc) ???

For example, how would I do that for "TV" with Logic 7 mode?

Thanks
-Arun

AndrewKC

Agent
I think you might have to, depending if you have the receiver set such that all your speaker calibrations are independent. I got mine recently and I realized as I switched through the inputs that I had to put the settings in that I obtained from my initial calibration. Just flip through each input and use the values you got from your first calibration.

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
I think if you change the setting to GLOBAL instead of INDEPEDENT you may not have to calibrate each source and sound mode. Not positive on this though.

Wayne Ernst

Senior HTF Member
I think if you change the setting to GLOBAL instead of INDEPEDENT you may not have to calibrate each source and sound mode. Not positive on this though.
Greg, you are correct. I just looked this up in the manual for my AVR-7200.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
My 525 will be in Friday. I listen to a lot of music (CD'S) and like the DPLII/music/movie options on my Yami. Will my 525 hold different calibrations for DPLII music and movie?

arun kumar

Auditioning
Thanks for the suggestions.

However, I did have mine set to GLOBAL while caliberating the DVD input for Dolby Digital sound. However, it does not appear to have carried over to the other inputs like TV or Satellite that can be configured for 5 channel or 2 channel sound.

Could others comment if this actually worked for them ?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks