H/K 525 and cable woes..

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by liana, Dec 28, 2002.

1. liana

liana Agent

Just got my 525 from onecall. wow is it heavy. Went and got everything hooked up all nice and pretty, and turn on the cable box to tes this bad boy out....no sound!
    DOH!
    cable box has a digital coax output for the digital channels. only problem is, the H/K doesnt recognize it as belonging to the cable box. I can only hear the cable audio(set to video 1) when i place the H/K onto the DVD setting, but then its looking for a picture from the dvd player which it wont find since its not connected to the dvd player! Which is even more odd since the DVD player is connectied via optical cable. ive been wrestling with this all night, its now 0330 am! goodnight! ZZZzzzzz..
    to cover all angles, yes ive verified the cables are hooked up correctly [​IMG]
    thanks in advance for any help you provide...
    ZZZZzzzzz

2. Rick_FL

Rick_FL Stunt Coordinator

ok liana. say you run your video out from the cable box to your 525, and you plug it into VID 1 on the back. And for the coaxial out from your digital box runs to Coaxial input 1 on the receiver. you have to assign it in your menu

Example: Go to In/Out Setup, change the input to Video 1, and for digital in setting you would assign coaxial 1

BTW, are you using s-video or composite from your cable box? The H/K receivers will not upconvert composite to s-video. So, if your monitor out is s-video from your receiver to TV, you will not see any picture if you have any composite inputs plugged in

3. RahulG

RahulG Auditioning

That's the same thing I've done. Cable goes to Video 1 using S-Video and Coax Audio 1 (assigned through OSD). Works quite well.

4. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

Many 'digital' cable box's only provide audio on the digital output for channels above 100. This means you must connect up the ANALOG cables for stations below 100.

Try a channel above 100 to see if you get sound.

5. liana

liana Agent

yeah the analog (below 99) work great. its the digital channels that i get 0 audio.
    box is connected to video 1 s-video input, and i have an s-video going out to the tv.
    Im going go to play with the OSD now that i have a little sleep in me [​IMG] ill report back later. thanks for the tips!