H/K 520 and L7 with cable T.V.?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Craig Ball, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Craig Ball

Craig Ball Second Unit

I have a question should i be able to use logic 7 when watching movies through my cable box? It's hooked up with a coax cable and i can choose DPL 2, but not L7, I can use L7 for DVD, CD ect.. but not through my cable box, it seems odd to me why DPL 2 works but not L7 please help.

Craig

2. DonJ

DonJ Second Unit

Craig you should be able to listen to cable using L7. Most cable boxes don't use optical or single coax cables for DD so I'm not sure how you have it hooked up. But I have left and right to channel hooked up to mine and it works fine that way.

3. Scott Kriefall

Scott Kriefall Second Unit

Scott
    If the cable box is connected digitally and is sending a 2-channel Dolby Digital signal to the AVR520, then I don't believe you'll be able to use Logic7 or Neo6. When listening to a 2-channel Dolby Digital source, the only choice for further processing appears to be DPL II (or stereo, of course).

4. Craig Ball

Craig Ball Second Unit

We'll I figured it out, the answer is no i can't use L7 if my cable channel is putting out DD or DPL2, they pop up together, but if it's just 2 channel i can choose DPL 2 or L7.

Craig