What's new

H/k 325 (1 Viewer)

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
I have a couple of questions about this reciever. I have had for a while now, but has confused me like no other receiver before. First question, I have it set up for 7.1 output and I get the message for dolby ex, but I'm not sure if it's doing dts-es matrix. The only message I get is, dts+neo6. Is this another way of saying es matrix. When ever I watch a movie with es discrete,I get the on screen message saying es-discrete, just not es matrix. The manuel describe it as es-matrix.

Second question. I watch all dolby digital movies in ex format, but the other day while watching Superman the movie, I tried to go to 5.1 playback only but the only way to do this was to tell the receiver that I didn't have surround back speakers. Am I missing something or is this the only way to do it.

Thanks for the help

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
"I tried to go to 5.1 playback only but the only way to do this was to tell the receiver that I didn't have surround back speakers"

This is correct. If you tell the HK you have 7.1 speaker setup, it's gonna give you Dolby EX with 7 speakers and Dolby 5.1 with 5 speakers.

3 different settings for DTS movie. Depends on encoding.

DTS encoded 5.1. With 5 speakers "DTS", 7 speakers "DTS + Neo 6"

DTS Discrete will display DTS Discrete

DTS Matrix will display DTS 7.1 Matrix.

I think this is right. I've had the 320 and 325 and they displayed DTS differently. Perhaps the movie your viewing isn't encoded in DTS Matrix, just 5.1. I dunno if the sound is different on DTS + Neo:6 and DTS Matrix. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babarrun
Recent bookmarks