What's new

H/k 325 (1 Viewer)

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
I Just recently switch my receiver set up by moving from a Sony 2ES and purchasing a floor model h/k 325 and now I have a couple of questions. First for some reason the guy that sold me the receiver had a white sticker right above the display. I tried to peel it off carefully but there is still a lot of the sticky residue that remains. I thought of using goo gone but I don't want to do any cosmetic damage. Secondly, I like to leave my 5.1 modes in the Ex/ES setup. Meaning when using dolby digital signal always leave it in the ex mode, and when I am using the dts signal I always leave it in the dts es matrix mode( except when listening to ES discrete). My problem is that I can't seem to switch to dts matrix mode. Both matrix and discrete come on when it senses the flag, but I can't figure how to "force" straight dts to dts matrix, like I could on my previous 2ES Sony, and my even more previous Onkyo. Can any current H/K owners help me with anything that I may have over looked?

Greg Thomas

Second Unit
The white sticker tells you to take off the blue protective film on the display. Start in one of the corners and it should peel off completely pretty easily. I've had two HK receivers and it wasn't tough at all. You need to remove the plastic film or the calibration with EZset remote won't work properly.

Doesn't work that way on HK receivers. It senses the flag and then switches to the proper mode. You can't force the matrix settings. Are you using 5.1 or 7.1? If only 5.1 then does it really matter?

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
Greg,
Thanks for the help with the ex/es issue, but as for the sticker issue this was a small sticker that the guy must have put on himself. It had some handwriting on it. I have removed most of it but the sticky residue is left over. I'm just worried that goo gone or something similar will discolor or damage the face plate some how.

Boaty McBoatface

Second Unit
Real Name
Billy Posey
You mean there is no one out there whom has never needed to clean of any equipment or any suggestions to offer?

AndrewErickson

Stunt Coordinator
Goo Gone should work fine. It is meant to work on plastic. Have you tried Windex and some elbow grease? A soapy washcloth? I would start with the least harsh method and work up from there to the Goo Gone and other harsh chemicals.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks