What's new

H/K 320 s-video issues? help? (1 Viewer)

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
So I posted a thread in Computers/HTPC, concerning a "new" Radeon 8500 having problems outputting to a TV...

So to test, I took the s-video cable, plugged it into my DVD player and plugged the end into the 320. (TV doesn't accept anything other than s-video) And no signal! The TV would go black like it could sense one (instead of blue), but still no video...the composite connection worked immediately upon reconnection.

I've never had to work with s-video on this receiver, are there any settings that I'm missing? Please help me out, as I'm quite worried. Thanks in advance.

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
Joe,

It should be pretty straight forward, and it sounds like you've got everything right. There is no need to assign the video inputs. If you have the 'monitor out' svideo connected to your tv, then any svideo input source should pass right through. Make sure you've got the connections right, and that you're selecting the svideo input on your tv. If all of that it correct, and there's no picture, and all cables are verified as good, then your receiver is defective.

Baldemar Garcia

Stunt Coordinator
BTW, you do have an svideo connection from the DVD player to the receiver, AND another svideo connection from receiver to the tv, correct? The receiver will not 'down convert' svideo to composite.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks