What's new

H/K 320 - any good? (1 Viewer)

DonJ

Second Unit
H/K is definitely the way to go. Its sounds awesome I've had mine for a month and I still cant'
get over the sound. I running my with Pardigm monitors which see to be a perfect match
mains- Monitor 9 v.2
center- CC370 v.2
rears- Mini Monitor v.z
sub- PS 1000
Belive me you can't get a better receiver for the price. Go with the H/K
you wont be sorry.:D

Phil M

Stunt Coordinator
Just another happy 320 user.

I'm using it as a pre-pro with a Rotel RMB 1075 amp.

I demo'ed it for 2 weeks using only the reciever's amps and was impressed by them. It will hold it's own pretty well.

The Logic 7 was the deal clincher for me.

Phil

Chriss M

Second Unit
Kevin,

If the H/K automatically is in direct bypass mode when an analog input is selected, does that mean it also has analog tone controls for the bass and treble? Or does the tone defeat option need to be set to 'on' to get a true direct signal?

Kevin L K

Second Unit
Hi Chris-how have you been? I really do not know if the tone controls are analog or not-I never thought about it.They are just 2 individual knobs as opposed to an eq,and I realize that alone does not mean the tone controls are analog.I would imagine to get true analog direct I would use the tone defeat button to be sure.

Chriss M

Second Unit
hey Kevin..just waiting for my HK to get here :D Maybe i'll fire off an email to them and see what they have to say. I just dug this post up searching for some info on the whole analog-to-digital-to-analog thing and i was happy to hear that the HK does keep it analog all the way through :)

Kevin L K

Second Unit
Chris--you will NOT be disappointed in any way with the sound of the H/K--especially for music! The sound is amazing.Most receivers these days are somewhat of a compromise by necessity: with at least five channels of amplification that have to fit within a chasis of given dimensions,and AV receivers being half computer/half audio component(have you seen the inside of a receiver lately--not to sound naive--but circuit boards,sound processing chips,data ribbon cables ;) )most manufacturers have compromised somewhere.One area H/K has not compromised is power or sound. Good choice! I would definately email them-you'll usually get a response within 24 hrs. How's that SVS doing :D

Chriss M

Second Unit
i think my SVS has been getting lonely, it's been looking for a partner :D I cant wait to get the H/K though, it's going to replace my noisy denon 3801. I figure once i have the HK i'll get the denon fixed under warranty (it's hissing like crazy, must be something wrong) and then send it off to ebay. Even though the 3801 has 7 amps, 3 of them are useless because i am using a seperate 3 channel power amp. I love the fact the that 520 has amp inputs for external sources to drive them..very versatile.

Chriss M

Second Unit
in case anyone was wondering, i just got an answer back from HK on this. They confirmed that the signal path of a stereo signal does remain analog throughout, and that the tone controls are analog as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks