What's new

Gymkata DVD: missing scenes (?) (1 Viewer)

Anthony Clifton

Stunt Coordinator
After having a good laugh at Gymkata on DVD, I read the feature that I-mockery.com did about the movie. I noticed they had clips / stills of footage that don't appear on the DVD, but that I vaguely remember seeing on my old VHS copy (probably taped off of HBO back in the day.)

For example, I don't remember seeing the car flip over on the DVD:
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/gymkata/page2.php

On the same page, there's a still of a guy putting needles into his skin, performance art style. Don't remember seeing that either but, again, I vaguely remember seeing it on the VHS copy.

Am I delusional or did WB sell us a non-theatrical version? or was there a different version for cable / video?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Only being familiar with a taped-off-cable version, and only fleetingly, I don't recall the car scene. IMDb doesn't list any alternate versions.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
I'm sorry that my little joke was not deemed "intelligent" by you but it was just a lighthearted joke.

P.S. I understand what you are saying and I'm not about to argue with you about it in your own thread, however I might add that if you had said something like "I love this film and don't agree with the jokes at it's expense over the years" I wouldn't have posted a joke at all....but by your own admission you have "laughed" at it so I didn't think my little joke was out of turn before the other posts got going, it's not my fault that mine was the only post until today.

ted:r

Second Unit
Sorry, but a) I found the joke funny and b) am insanely jealous that "Gymkata" was released at all why my faves gather dust :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks