What's new

guys living in nj (1 Viewer)

dustin r

Grip
hey guys, im gonna be moving to nj in about a year so my girlfriend can go to school at Drew University.

I currently am a custom av install tech, and a tv service tech.

we are looking to move to one of the following counties depending upon where we can afford to live: Morris, Essex, Union, Somerset, or Middlesex counties.

my request is this, can anyone give me a link, or know of any place that i could work at and keep my current line of work? you know, custom av stores around those areas? not a best buy or anything.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks
dustin

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Hey, I went there. :emoji_thumbsup:

It's been 10 years, though, so I don't know what's around there anymore. There were no BB/CC-type stores in the immediate Madison area at that time. There was a Cambridge Soundworks store at the Mall at Short Hills. Don't know if they're still there. EDIT: Checking the mall website, I see CS is gone but there is now a....BOSE Stereo store! :D

Wasn't really in to HT at the time, so I didn't pay a lot of attention to those types of stores.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Yes, it's an area chain: 6th Avenue Electronics. Here's their website: www.6ave.com

They're not as upscale as Sound City or Harvey, but are a step up from Best Buy/Circuit City/etc.

dustin r

Grip
ill give you $2 for it. how bout that?

im prolly gonna wind up renting an apartment for a while. maybe renting a house. hopefully we will only be up there for about 4 years.

no offense to you guys, but my impression is that it is very expensive to live up there and too cold.

i make a little over $30k a year doing what i do know. i know, or hope i should get more up there, but i still dont think its gonna be enough

bankruptcy here i come!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks