What's new

Guys like to quote movies. Thank you, Capt. Obvious (1 Viewer)

Scott McGillivray

Supporting Actor
Geepers...I think half of what I say is a quote of a movie or a TV show. I have a bad habit of thinking everyone else knows these quotes as well as I do. Sadly, they dont! So, when I am quoting something offensive or crude and I mean it in a joking manner, they think I am serious! Ugh. I get a lot of nasty looks. Maybe I should just shut my big yapper! :laugh:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That happens to me all the time. My mother's boss is that way, too. Someone can tell a joke and everyone will laugh. He'll repeat it verbatim, and his audience'll get their noses out of joint. But, yeah . . . I quote something from a movie or TV show and people look at me like I have a second head.

You did something unique. You bumped an old thread that actually has some current-day value.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I rarely look at anything beyond the thread title before deciding to click, so I hit this one not knowing that it is a) 6 years old and b) a thread that I freakin' started. :lol:

I thought this was something recent because a few days ago Kristi Lee (on the "Bob and Tom Show") said something about envying the gene men have that allows them to remember every line from every movie they see. I thought she had seen the article referenced in the thread title. :D

Seriously, what is it with the sudden outbreak of Zombiethreads around here?

Regards,

Joe

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
You see what happens? You see what happens, Larry? You see what happens? This is what happens, Larry. You see what happens, Larry? You see what happens when you find a stranger in the Alps?

I'll slurp your Coke for $1,000.

Bob McLaughlin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob
My guess is the increase in necroposting is a direct result of the function that suggests existing threads when you try to start a topic. Maybe the real challenge is to come up with such an obscure subject, you baffle the software so it doesn't have ANY suggested threads.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
On the golf course, quoting Caddyshack is a requirement. Last month I played a quick round with some friends at a local par 3 course named Bushwood. Lot's of quotes went on that day. "There is no gambling allowed at Bushwood!" Whenever it looks like rain -- "I don't think the heavy stuff will come down for quite awhile... I'd keep playing".

Here at work, another favorite is from Stripes. Whenever someone goes to a training class, the inevitable question is "what kind of training?". "Aaarrrmmmy training, sir!"

A golfing buddy of mine loved a quote from Animal House whenever he was losing on the course -- "was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
Over on the Trek BBS, there is a similar thread about movie references. This is my post (with some edits):

I've always joked that my autobiography could be titled, "It's Like in that Simpsons Episode: The Scott Saslow Story."

I do this all the time with friends - though one got sick of my constant Seinfeld references ("It's like in that one episode...") and I have toned it down. But he and I still do Star Trek and Back to the Future quotes and analogies like nobody's business! And Aliens, The Terminator films ("Wash day tomorrow, huh? Nothing clean, right?"), Airplane!, and the works of Bill Murray and Harold Ramis. My dad can't go two consecutive days without an Animal House, Blues Brothers, or Caddyshack reference. Same with my mom and the Pee-Wee and Austin Powers movies. If my friend expresses any kind of emotion, I have to follow it up with, "He's human after all" from Batman.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

My cousin is having problems with her house (contractor trouble) and I actually said, "It's like in The Naked Gun when Ricardo Montalban (who plays the villain) says, 'And to think, I spent three years as a building contractor.'" I don't think my folks got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks