What's new

Guy selling digital camcorders for "cheap" on my board - is this a ripoff? (1 Viewer)

Tim_Wetzel

Stunt Coordinator
OK, I'll start out that I know ZERO about camcorders.

Anyhow, some guy who has tried to sell stuff before I my site (that I thought was overpriced) started this thread, titled "new digital camcorders for sale!!":
I started looked up the priced on amazon.com and sears.com and they are coming up CHEAPER than he is asking. It makes me wonder if I'm just looking at the wrong items, or this guy is trying to scam my users.

Please help me confirm or bust this guy. If he's scamming, I'll ban him right away.

Thanks.

Tim

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
He may not be out and out scamming them, ie taking their money without delivering the goods, but it's quite possible these products are grey-market items. I recently bought a Sony TRV-33 and had a hell of a time finding a decent online reseller (with good prices) that was selling honest-to-goodness USA products.

There's nothing wrong with grey-market items, per se, except that there's no warranty or manufacturer's support and often don't come with any/all accessories. I suppose as long as the buyers are made known to this fact it's not really a scam.

But it's hard to say without doing more research.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I agree that it looks REALLY strange. He's charging above the MSRP and I doubt he's "just some guy" that has a few sitting around.

Email him and find out what his deal is.

Brent

Tim_Wetzel

Stunt Coordinator
Grey or not, it just looks to me like the prices were higher than you could buy them at real store.

But I didn't know, b/c of the "digital" term, if maybe i was looking at the wrong (and cheaper) products online.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks