Guy Ritchie latest movie 'Swept Away' heading straight to video!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul_D, Aug 3, 2002.

1. Paul_D

Paul_D Cinematographer

From IMDb:

2. Timothy Alexander

Timothy Alexander Second Unit

He needs to just go back and do more comedy/crime capers. His last two movies were great IMO.

3. JohnE

JohnE Supporting Actor

4. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Seeing Mean Machine as effectively being a Ritchie film (Ska films with the standard cast and Ritchie-esque style) and enjoying it as well, I don't think the problem is Guy at all.
    Madonna's track record says it all I think. Get her away from him before she does ruin his career. Once that happens he will probably be right back on top.[​IMG]

5. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Madonna is the Black Widow of filmmakers. She mates and then she kills. I have no problem with watching a Guy Ritchie film, but anything with Madonna in it, I run from.
    Bruce

6. Josh Lowe

Josh Lowe Screenwriter

A League of Our Own was the exception to that. Of course it was Tom Hanks that elevated that movie..

7. Bruce Hedtke

Thanks to Josh, I should clarify and say anything with Madonna in a leading role, I run from. Of course, with her ego now, every film she's in, she'll have a leading role. Why can't she just slip back into being a singer at some dance club that some wrestler goes to with Linda Fiorentino? That is about the extent of her talent.
    Bruce

8. Nick Sievers

Nick Sievers Producer

Maybe Madonna has a leash around Guy and made him make a film with her in it [​IMG]
    Previous reports have said Guy is glad its over and just wants to move on from it. His wife can't act, I just think he didn't have the guts to say it to her. As for making for crime/comedy capers, I don't know. Lock Stock was a good film, while I thought Snatch was still entertaining it seemed like a re-tread. Personally I would like to see him do some different films first.

9. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Second Unit

10. DerrickRemmert

I thought her performance in Dick Tracy contains some of the worst acting ever to plague the silver screen.

11. Paul Case

Paul Case Supporting Actor

12. HenrikTull

HenrikTull Second Unit

13. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Actress? Madonna doing a Marilyn Monroe scene is worse than perverse - it's evil...[​IMG]

14. Bruce Hedtke

15. Seth Paxton

Seth Paxton Lead Actor

Think about Defoe's skill too, then consider her power over that film again. YEE-IKES!
    I can't believe she didn't suck the Oscars right out of Hanks. (hey, with her involved that becomes a dirty joke [​IMG] )

16. Richard WWW

Richard WWW Stunt Coordinator

Madonna wants to be a respected actress. She doesn't care for the craft of acting, or for finding a great story that will resonate with people. She just wants a role that will expose her to the masses, and they'll say "wow. isn't she great!" Until she gets serious about making a film that isn't just about her, she's not going to get anywhere. A pop musician can make a career out of that childish crap, but I don't think an actress can, especially when she's looked on already with disdain and skepticism by the filmgoing public.

17. DerrickRemmert

The IMDB just posted a response from Madonna saying the movie is still being released in October. I don't know why any studio would bother doing test screenings and other market research for a film like this. How can you make a movie like Swept Away into a crowd pleasing flick that will rake in the bucks?