Guy Finds His Car On Ebay

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Henry Carmona, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Henry Carmona

Henry Carmona Screenwriter

Henry Carmona
  2. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Unbelievable. Good thing I have a 96 Honda Accord. [​IMG]

3. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    Interesting read!
    Just before I read this I was going through my yahoo e-mail spam and unsubscribing to a few to keep my e-mail clean of these and on one it popped up a Yahoo reenter your email address and pass word block. I was just about to type my pass word in and thought why would yahoo be asking for this again, so I stopped and backed out. Then reading this link I found out that is exactly what happens so they can get all your info.
    You must always be careful out here nowadays!

Wes

4. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

5. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    Actually I have always unsubscripted spam from my yahoo but never from my Hot Mail and I may get 1 spam aday (since 99)now with yahoo and easily 10 a day with hot mail (since 02)so in my experience it has really helped.

Wes

6. Jason_H

Jason_H Second Unit

My favorite auctions are the ones where somebody has tried to run the scam of selling a car using pictures linked to another website. The website and true owner of the car finds out and changes the pictures to wrecked versions of the same car which is what shows up in the Ebay listing. Hilarious! This has happened to a couple of guys on the S2000 board that I frequent, and they got the scammer good!

7. Seth--L

Seth--L Screenwriter

I've found the same thing to be true. Whenever I'm not regularly unsubscribing to spam the amount is significantly higher.

Anyway, who would buy a used car with never test driving it?

8. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    My brother recently bought a convertible 98 Vette with only 5000 miles for $29,000. off ebay. After he won the auction he flew down to Florida, picked the car up and took a week to drive it back to Utah. He had a great experience with the whole transaction, So not everyone out there is trying to scam ya!

Wes

9. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

This was hilarious, thanks!!!! I read the threads on the other board. One of my auctions was recently victim to a scammer trying to get paypal passwords with fake "you've got cash" emails. When the "payment" email showed up with multiple attachments and a non-paypal email address, it kind of clued me off.

Seriously, it's hilarious that the FBI wouldn't do anything.

10. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Amazing... has anyone here checked to see if any of their HT stuff is being "sold" on Ebay? [​IMG]