What's new

Guy breaks expensive record on TV (1 Viewer)

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
I don't have speakers for my computer speakers. Without them that movie did NOT make sense. Explain?
oh, and could you recommend a kick a$$ 2.1 set of computer speakers ??!! :)

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
That was hilarious!

Paul,

The older guy was saying how this is a "one-of-a-kind" piece there is no other one like it, then he proceeds to break it in his hands and drop it. With an un-bleeped curse afterwards...

Classic!

Eric Samonte

Screenwriter
His hands were shaking as he held that thing..seems to be one of those old "pimpled" recorded music....that happened to me when I was fooling around with an old Mozart vinyl record...

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra
I feel bad for the guy since the record was a one-of-a-kind-no-other-one-in-the-world-like-it collector piece. But, man...was that ever hilarious.:laugh:
You gotta love the "oh, fff...sh*t" remark the guy makes as his reaction to the blunder. Priceless!!!

John Stone

Supporting Actor
Man, that's sad. I feel really bad for that guy... and what a terrible response by the kid. Based on his reaction, I guess he doesn't know or care what "one of a kind, no other like it in the world" means.
:D "Now, are you done with that, then?"

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
John, I think the host's reaction was perfect, it's not like they could do much else but move on.
The clip is hilarious!! :laugh::laugh:

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
OMG! :eek: I just hope TechTV gave him a free MP3 player for his trouble.
Poor guy. He looked pretty nervous for being on a backwater cable TV show.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Oh wow, that was way more sad than funny. :frowning:
It looks like he was very nervous as he held the record, and was gripping gripping it tightly to avoid dropping it. His tight grip is most probably also what shattered the cylinder.
I can't bring myself to laugh at something like that, as humorous as it may appear. The gentleman obviously cared very much about his antique, to have displayed it on public television. For such a thing to happen to him in public is pretty tragic, and I really feel for him.
I hope none of us ever has to experience the feelings & the embarassement that he was probably having as his precious posession was lost before his eyes.
Moe.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I hope none of us ever has to experience the feelings & the embarassement that he was probably having as his precious posession was lost before his eyes.
...on national TV...and then have it flying all over the internet.

Anyone know what the value of that record was?

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Just looking up Edison cylinders on Ebay, it looks like they aren't going for all that much.

If the one he had was unique in some way it looks like it may be a couple hundred bucks he just threw away.

Armando Zamora

Second Unit
Real Name
aromaz odnamra

Maybe the contents of the cylinder is what was so valuable to him. In any case, I still feel sorry for him, but at the same time......

I've watched the clip several times and my reaction is the same for each viewing...Ooooooooo (the feeling bad part)...hee hee (man, was his reaction priceless)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks