g'uster's reference to "Dark Side of the Rainbow"

Discussion in 'Music' started by Curtis Lotter, Apr 25, 2004.

1. Curtis Lotter

Curtis Lotter Stunt Coordinator

Many of you probably know about watching the Wizard of Oz while playing Dark side of the Moon in sych. Here's a link for those who don't know about it. http://www.turnmeondeadman.net/DSotR/Intro.html

I recently got the new cd by g'uster (keep it together) and was surprised by the lyrics on "Come Downstairs And Say Hello", song #9. The song starts out with the lyrics: "dorothy moves to click her ruby shoes, right in tune with dark side of the moon"

I picked up g'uster after seeing them open for John Mayer. Great opening act and I really like the cd. Recommended for anyone who may like a cross of REM, Gin Blossoms, The Records, even a little Beatles.

2. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

It's just Guster. They are excellent. I can't wait for their live DVD/CD on May 18.

3. Curtis Lotter

Good news on the upcoming DVD, I'll be buying it.

How are their earlier cd's?

4. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

All of their albums are great. However, I think their current album may be their best. Closely followed by Parachute and Lost & Gone Forever. Goldfly is an album that took a while to grow on me, but now that it has, I love it too.

I'd suggest picking up Lost & Gone or Parachute next if you want to take it one disc at a time.

5. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=147139

If you're starting with "Keep It Together," you might as well work your way backwards and pick up "Lost And Gone Forever" next. I still feel the latest album is their weakest entry to date, which is not to say it's bad. I am looking forward to the DVD, though.

6. Curtis Lotter

Thanks for suggestions! I look forward to picking up "Lost & Gone Forever" next. [​IMG]

Curt